Have kudzu bugs taken up residence on your commercial property? Since the first reported US sighting of kudzu bugs in 2009, these pests have spread rapidly across the Southeast. As more and more Greensboro and Winston-Salem businesses report kudzu bug infestations, it’s time to take action. Call McNeely Pest Control today for expert elimination of kudzu bugs!
The facts about kudzu bugs
At McNeely, we combine science and experience in order to deliver the most effective commercial pest control available in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Charlotte, High Point, Asheville, Boone, Lexington, and Mt.Airy. Our staff entomologist and biologist keep our team educated and up-to-date on the latest info regarding the pest infestations we treat.
Learn more about kudzu bugs so you can spot them on your commercial property:
- Sometimes called the lablab bug, bean plataspid or globular stink bug
- Feeds primarily on kudzu, but may also eat bean crops, soybean plants or other vegetation
- Light brown or olive green body covered with numerous dark brown speckles
- Adults range from 4 to 6 mm in length and have rounded or slightly oblong bodies
- Like stink bugs, kudzu bugs produce an offensive odor when disturbed
- Kudzu bugs have wings and will readily fly when disturbed, contributing to their rapid spread in the U.S.
- A single female kudzu bug can lay up to 200 eggs plus complete two complete generations per year
- Like ladybugs and stink bugs, kudzu bugs swarm buildings and other structures in colder months
Commercial pest control for kudzu bugs
In addition to being a frustrating nuisance pest, kudzu bugs can also damage vegetation on your property. Get rid of these pests for good with help from our kudzu bug experts. McNeely technicians are proud to use IPM (integrated pest management) methods to deliver the most effective pest treatments while also maintaining a safe and healthy environment for you and your building occupants.
Our commercial pest control treatments for kudzu bugs include:
- Sealing cracks & crevices around windows, doors, fascia boards & other entry points
- Repairing & installing attic and foundation vent screening
- Physically removing aggregated kudzu bugs with specialized vacuum equipment
- Strategic exterior application of pesticides
- Herbicide application to control kudzu plants on your property
In addition to removing current kudzu bug infestations, our commercial pest pros will share their expertise to help you prevent these pests from coming back. One major step in kudzu bug prevention is the removal of kudzu vines in the immediate area of your commercial building. To learn more about this and other steps in the kudzu bug elimination process, give us a call.
Serving Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Charlotte, HighPoint, Asheville, Boone, Lexington, Mt.Airy and more!
At McNeely Pest Control, we’re proud to be the choice of businesses and organizations across the Greensboro and Winston-Salem area. If you suspect a kudzu bug infestation on your commercial property, call McNeely. Our highly trained technicians provide exceptional customer service and effective, innovative solutions.
In addition to Greensboro and Winston-Salem, McNeely offers commercial pest control to businesses in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Charlotte, High Point, Asheville/Hendersonville, Boone/Banner Elk, Lexington, Mt.Airy , Troutman/Statesville and throughout the Piedmont and Northwest portions of South Carolina, as well as Southwest portions of Virginia.